The Cat's Meow opened in June 2014.
Owner, Jennifer Anderson is a Nationally Certified Master Groomer, with 20 years of experience. Nearly all of that has been working with both dogs and cats. Jennifer has groomed thousands of cats during that time, since she was usually the only groomer at each salon that did cats. Groomers and Veterinarians all over the Twin Cities refer cats to Jennifer. She loves and understands cats and the cats know it. You absolutely can't groom/handle cats like dogs. Although she is very proficient at cats, she attended the National Cat Groomers Institute of America school in 2013 to further hone her skills and continue her education. She brings many of these updated skills and "tricks" to her new salon. This experience pushed her to provide a feline exclusive environment to fill a much needed void in the Twin Cities for professional cat grooming by trained cat groomers.
Quality, safe grooming is often not the focus for groomers, but rather to get them out fast before they get angry, sometimes because of environment, more often from lack of education. Jennifer focuses on quality, safety, and low stress with her client cats.
Cat owners should be provided with the same high quality grooming that dog owners are accustomed to! When it comes to choosing a groomer for your cat, experience and education should be what you look for. With Jennifer, you need not look further!
- Owner of Paws At Your Door Mobile Grooming, serving both cats and dogs in the south metro
- 18 years Grooming and Bathing all breeds and cats including 5 years of managing various salons
- Nationally certified by the National Dog Groomers Association of America for all breeds- earning her the coveted Nationally Certified Master Groomer title. This demanding testing requires years of experience, thousands of hours of study and preparation, and a devotion to the profession. Testees must pass a nearly 1,000 question written test and perform 4 live timed grooms for the industry's top professionals. Jennifer passed all tests above 94% !
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from Metropolitan State University
- Certified Graduate of the Nash Academy of Animal Arts 2011
- Certified for Pet Grooming Instruction from the Nash Academy of Animal Arts 2011
- Trained in cat grooming at the elite National Cat Groomers Institute in North Carolina 2013
- Trained with Professional Cat Groomers Association of America
- International Judges Assocation Member
- Started, owned/operated, and sold her own profitable grooming business "Canine Design Pet Spa" in Anchorage Alaska 2005-2008
- Worked for the renowned "Paragon School of Pet Grooming" in Michigan as their lead Pet Grooming Instructor.2008
- Participated and won classes in multiple grooming competitions on poodles
- Worked for a talented and nationally known professional handler showing poodles
- Attended seminars for continuing education in 2003, 2005,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012, 2013
- Certified in Canine and feline CPR and First Aid
- Member of the National Dog Groomers Association of America
- Former Director and Instructor at the Rio Gran Grooming School in Minnesota 2009-2011
- Managed and rebuilt the clientele at the salon at American Boarding Kennels in Burnsville from 2008-2010
- Finished 7 poodle AKC Champions, 9 UKC poodle GrandChampions and dozens of dogs of other breeds for their AKC/UKC Championship with my grooming/presentation. Earned 13 Best in Show Awards with her own dogs.
- A UKC conformation show judge. This means at "beauty shows for dogs", Jennifer judges them based on structure, temperament, and movement. Requires many years in the dog fancy, competency as a breeder, and passing tests and attending seminars yearly.
Laura joined our team in September 2017. She has groomed cats for 2 years prior to becoming employed by our company. She currently works part time with us and as a dog and cat groomer at Petco. She is currently still apprenticing under Jennifer and Katie. She can complete all groom styles and is a true cat lover, owning a housefull of her own kitties. Her skill and speed are increasing and she brings a high level of compassion and cat intution to the table with with each groom. We look forward to bringing her in full time as the business continues to grow.