The Cat's Meow opened in June 2014.
Owner, Jennifer Anderson is a Nationally Certified Master Groomer, with 20 years of experience. Nearly all of that has been working with both dogs and cats. Jennifer has groomed thousands of cats during that time, since she was usually the only groomer at each salon that did cats. Groomers and Veterinarians all over the Twin Cities refer cats to Jennifer. She loves and understands cats and the cats know it. You absolutely can't groom/handle cats like dogs. Although she is very proficient at cats, she attended the National Cat Groomers Institute of America school in 2013 to further hone her skills and continue her education. She brings many of these updated skills and "tricks" to her new salon. This experience pushed her to provide a feline exclusive environment to fill a much needed void in the Twin Cities for professional cat grooming by trained cat groomers.
Quality, safe grooming is often not the focus for groomers, but rather to get them out fast before they get angry, sometimes because of environment, more often from lack of education. Jennifer focuses on quality, safety, and low stress with her client cats.
Cat owners should be provided with the same high quality grooming that dog owners are accustomed to! When it comes to choosing a groomer for your cat, experience and education should be what you look for. With Jennifer and her team, you need not look further!
- Owner of Paws At Your Door Mobile Grooming, serving both cats and dogs in the south metro
- 19 years Grooming and Bathing all breeds and cats including 5 years of managing various salons
- Nationally certified by the National Dog Groomers Association of America for all breeds- earning her the coveted Nationally Certified Master Groomer title. This demanding testing requires years of experience, thousands of hours of study and preparation, and a devotion to the profession. Testees must pass a nearly 1,000 question written test and perform 4 live timed grooms for the industry's top professionals. Jennifer passed all tests above 94% !
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from Metropolitan State University
- Certified Graduate of the Nash Academy of Animal Arts 2011
- Certified for Pet Grooming Instruction from the Nash Academy of Animal Arts 2011
- Trained in cat grooming at the elite National Cat Groomers Institute in North Carolina 2013
- Trained with Professional Cat Groomers Association of America
- Finished one purebred Selkirk Rex to CFA Championship and Finished same cat to CFA Grand Premier in one show
- Our hombred Selkirk Rex Champion Cat's Meow Katya Zomolodicikova was a one show Champion and has earned a Best Cat in Show award at CFA shows. She was also ranked 3rd best longhair selkirk in the nation in 2020.
- GP CH Curly Bear's Ragnar was 2018, 2019, and 2020's CFA Best Selkirk Rex in the Midwest in just one show a year. He has earned two Best Cat in Show awards, beating hundreds of other cats to this win.
- International Judges Assocation Member
- Started, owned/operated, and sold her own profitable grooming business "Canine Design Pet Spa" in Anchorage Alaska 2005-2008
- Worked for the renowned "Paragon School of Pet Grooming" in Michigan as their lead Pet Grooming Instructor.2008
- Participated and won classes in multiple grooming competitions on poodles
- Worked for a talented and nationally known professional handler showing poodles
- Attended seminars for continuing education in 2003, 2005,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012, 2013
- Certified in Canine and feline CPR and First Aid
- Member of the National Dog Groomers Association of America
- Former Director and Instructor at the Rio Gran Grooming School in Minnesota 2009-2011
- Managed and rebuilt the clientele at the salon at American Boarding Kennels in Burnsville from 2008-2010
- Finished 9 poodle AKC Champions, 9 UKC poodle GrandChampions and dozens of dogs of other breeds for their AKC/UKC Championship with my grooming/presentation. Earned 13 Best in Show Awards with her own dogs.
- A UKC conformation show judge. This means at "beauty shows for dogs", Jennifer judges them based on structure, temperament, and movement. Requires many years in the dog fancy, competency as a breeder, and passing tests and attending seminars yearly.
Katie, our full time cat groomer and boarding manager has been with the company since 2015. Starting with receptionist and boarding cat care, she learned excellent cat handling and care. She decided to become an apprentice cat groomer in early 2016. Under Jennifer's instruction, she has excelled at her craft and become an asset to the business. We trained slowly, giving her a full year of training before she worked on cats alone. She is calm, patient, and loving with the cats. Katie possesses the unique patience plus skill that allows her to not be fearful of cats while still being safe and kind. Trained solely by Jennifer, she grooms holistically and since she has never groomed dogs, does not approach cat grooming with any preconceived notion on how cats "should" act. Her skill is ever increasing and she can assess behavior, offer haircare solutions, and complete even the most difficult trims and styles. We look forward to having her with our company for many years and hope you will enjoy meeting her too. She is currently working towards her Master Cat Groomer Certification.
Katie has earned her Low Stress Handling Certification Silver level. We are very proud of her acheivement and dedication to holisitc grooming for cats!
Laura joined our team in September 2017. She has groomed cats for 2 years prior to becoming employed by our company. She became a full time employee in 2019. She can complete all groom styles and is a true cat lover, owning a house-full of her own kitties. Her skill and speed are increasing and she brings a high level of compassion and cat intuition to the table with each groom. Our customers appreciate her charming personality and loving way with their cats.
Jenna joined our team in summer 2019. She works with our boarding cats, retail, grooming, and does client scheduling. She has been grooming for 4 years and has a certificate from Rio Grooming School. She has also attended National Cat grooming association seminars. She has appreticened for one year, as well as assisting our groomers throughout the day. She is well on her way to being a fantastic cat groomer. Clients and cats like her quiet, gentle nature and she has her own cat and dog at home!